Here is how you get started:
So you’ve decided not to be a chicken and you’re ready to sign-up.
Registration will open May 15, 2013
1) Recruit four fearless friends to join you. Each team must consist of 5 people. You must start and finish the race to together and some obstacles require teammates to work together. For the best running experience recruit a team that has the same goals – just running for fun or competing for a top run time etc. Please note that team members must be 14 or older to race. At least one person on the team must be 18 or older.
2) Find us on Facebook. Friend us to get updates and information for you and your team. If your friends refuse to race, pull out your best chicken dance moves and point out just how chicken they are, then post on our Facebook that you’re in need of a team with some serious mud fanatics.
3) Pick a team name. Not only can your team win a prize for coming up with the best team name, it will get your competitive juices flowing.
4) Register your team online. Registration opens May 15, 2013. No more than 600 teams will be able to register. We expect to run out of team slots prior to the registration deadline so don’t delay!
5) Pay your dues. At the time you register you will need to pay the registration dues of $250 (Plus $5 per participant transaction fee; $55 per person) in full. These fees will go to support the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area. Our wonderful sponsors have already made this race possible and all event costs are already paid!
6) Get sponsors. Once you register you will have the opportunity to setup a registration page for your team. Forward your team link to friends, family and rich acquaintances asking for their support. The team that raises the most money to support Habitat will win prizes to from local businesses!
7) Start a training routine. This may involve walking to your nearest watering hole and ordering a Mudslide or it may include training at your local gym. It’s also a good time to start planning the great costumes your team will sport in order to enter the costume contest!
8) That’s it! You are ready to race so mark your calendars for race day, August 17 at 9 a.m. Prior to the race you can pick-up a packet that will provide the very important timing chip that will track your time, as well as all the pertinent parking information, free t-shirts and your team’s approximate start time. If you have additional questions, review our race tips here. You can also contact us or post on our Facebook page to get the answers you need.